Caesarian Scar Bridging
Are you looking to feel energy and warmth flow back to your womb and into your channels? Once your scar has healed, at around 6 weeks, it the perfect time to warm things up through the use of moxabustion and acupuncture. Caesarian scar bridging treatments involve catering the session to support overall health and recovery.
Are you trying to conceive but its taking longer than expected
When it doesn’t ‘just happen’, the journey towards falling pregnant can feel highly emotional and stressful. Holly works with the proven benefits of acupuncture together with EFT and transpersonal processes. In combination, they optimise your chances at conceiving naturally while shifting those deepest feelings of fear, doubts, stress and overwhelm that can arise along the way.
Working with elements of ‘The Fertile Life Method’ developed by renound Fertility expert Kirsten Wolfe of Mornington Chinese Medicine.
‘This is a very effective all-natural infertility treatment program for helping women and their partners conceive, sustain a full term pregnancy, and deliver a healthy child.’ Kirsten Wolfe
Do you want to greatly improve your chances of experiencing a natural conception and fertility treatments?
Modern research has confirmed the benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine in the following areas:
Regulate and enhance the quality of the menstrual cycle and ovulation
Improve the quality of a woman’s fertile mucus
Enhancing egg development
Improve sperm quality
Increase the chance of pregnancy for women undergoing in-vitro fertilization (IVF).
Even though infertility is affecting more and more couples and issues vary. Perhaps you are experiencing difficulty conceiving or suffering recurrent miscarriages. The truth is that very few women are actually clinically infertile. Most women and partners are simply not physically and emotionally in full reproductive balance.
Experience PMS and painful periods?
Have a regular cycle?
Clearly know when you’re ovulating?
The ins and outs of optimal fertility
- When in good health there will be no premenstrual symptoms (PMS, bloating, breast tenderness or period pain) or mid-cycle spotting. i.e. regular cycle is between 28 to 30 day cycle with a bleed of 3-5 days no clots
- Cervical mucous is extremely important as it aids the sperm to swim into the fallopian tubes. It’s produced a few days before ovulation so the sperm can be waiting within the fallopian tube when the egg is released. Without it, the sperm will die before arriving at their destination.
- Ovulation occurring between days 13-15 is optimal.
- In TCM, we understand that the menstrual bleeding reflects the quality of the uterine lining. The lining appears to be important for implantation, especially in relation to IVF failure or recurrent miscarriage.
- TCM aims to increase the thickness and quality of this lining. It does this through promoting corpus luteal function (which in turn produces progesterone) and through its documented action of increasing blood flow to the uterus (Human Reproduction 11:1314-1317).
- Ideally, it is expected that a woman will experience menstrual bleeding for at least 3 to 5 days – fresh red blood with no clots.
- Enhancing egg development
- Genetic material for a woman’s eggs are created when the woman is herself an embryo, the process of the egg maturing comes under the influence of her hormones. Clinically, it also appears possible to influence the integrity of the eggs released following acupuncture treatment. This may be due to increasing the blood supply to the developing follicles or by increasing the nutritional supply to the egg via the fluids that surround and nourish it.
- Improving sperm quality
The New England Journal recommend couples use acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for pre-conception care, to boost your wellbeing and lay a good foundation for a healthy and problem-free pregnancy. (New England Journal of Medicine 345(19):1388-1393)
Allow 6 months…
Of course you want to be in the best state you can be to conceive to welcome a smooth pregnancy, healthy baby and the energy required for post natal recovery and parenthood.
Even if your biological clock is ticking or your egg reserve is “running low” it is still important to improve your foundational fertility and general health before commencing IVF. Acupuncture in combination with Herbal medicine can help to improve egg reserve and invigorate the reproductive system, making your IVF attempt more likely to succeed. To get optimal outcomes, it’s important to get into a greater state of flow and balance in your being to support your innate fertile potential. It is recommended that the greatest outcomes are achieved when both partners attend treatments. Even if the sperm count is deemed adequate, it’s important to acknowledge the following research outcomes:
Normal sperm count values are currently given as:
• greater than 20 million sperm per ml
• greater than 50% of sperm moving vigorously (motility)
• greater than 14 % with no deformities (morphology).
A population study looking at men’s fertility found that those men that succeeded in fathering a child had:
• greater than 48 million sperm per ml
• a motility of more than 63%
• a normal morphology of 12%
REFERENCED FROM: (New England Journal of Medicine 345(19):1388-1393).
Get in Touch